The Educational Improvement Tax Credit (EITC) program enables companies to support the Weller Center, at minimal cost, instead of sending their tax dollars to Harrisburg. It's that simple.
If your business is subject to one or more of the PA taxes listed below, you can redirect a portion of your tax dollars to support Weller’s health education programs in our schools. Through EITC, your business can be approved for a tax credit equal to 75% of the contribution (up to a maximum of $750,000 per taxable year). The credit may be increased to 90% if your business agrees to provide the same level of contribution for two consecutive tax years.
Thus, a $15,000 gift to the Weller Center could result in a tax credit as high as $11,250! The contribution may also be deducted for federal tax purposes.
It’s easy! Businesses subject to the following taxes must electronically submit a DCED Single Application for Assistance.
Eligible businesses include those authorized to do business in Pennsylvania who are subject to one or more of the following taxes:
- Personal Income Tax
- Capital Stock/Foreign Franchise Tax
- Corporate Net Income Tax
- Bank Shares Tax
- Title Insurance & Trust Company Shares Tax
- Insurance Premium Tax (excluding surplus lines, unauthorized, domestic/foreign marine)
- Mutual Thrift Tax
- Malt Beverage Tax or Retaliatory Fees under section 212 of the Insurance Company Law of 1921
The Weller Center is an approved Educational Improvement Organization (EIO) through the EITC program. All of our programs
, covering important issues from substance abuse to cyberbullying, are eligible for EITC funding. Last year alone, corporate contributors to the EITC program helped the Weller Center provide 180 life-saving health education programs to over 7,000 public school students. Please note, we are listed as “The Carl and Emily Weller Center for Health Education” in the list of approved EIOs.
To apply, visit the PA Department of Community & Economic Development
for documentation and downloads. The business application guide
explains the process of applying. Tax credit applications will be processed on a first-come, first-served basis by day submitted.
Business Application Timeline
- May 16 – Business applicants who have fulfilled their 2-year commitment and wish to reapply in FY 16/17 to renew their 2-year commitment.
- May 16 – Businesses who are in the middle of their 2-year commitment.
- July 1 – All other businesses including initial applicants.
If you need additional information or assistance with your application, please contact us at 610-841-4494, ext. 23 or firstname.lastname@example.org.