Help kids make good decisions
Educators and School Personnel
The Weller Center offers faculty and staff in-services and training on a wide range of topics to ensure they have the information they need to support their students in making smart and healthy choices. Popular topics are listed below. We can also customize a workshop to meet your needs.
- Adolescent depression
- Bullying and healthy relationships
- Internet safety
- Puberty and reproduction
- Nutrition and type 2 diabetes
Studies show parents are the biggest influencers of their child’s decision making. The Weller Center provides workshops for parents and caregivers to ensure that they, too, have the tools to help guide their children safely into adulthood. Popular topics are listed below. We can also customize a workshop to meet your needs.
- Cyber-bullying/Internet safety
- Adolescent depression awareness
- Type 2 diabetes and your child
- Dating violence prevention and awareness
- Puberty and reproduction: how to have “the talk”
- Commonly abused drugs/recognizing and addressing addictive behaviors
- Kids and stress
In the Workplace
Presented in the “Lunch & Learn” format or as informational talks, these single or multi-session meetings are designed to increase community knowledge about different areas of health, and can cover several subjects or concentrate on a particular concern.
For more information, please call (610) 841-4494, ext. 11 or email email@example.com